Friday, October 1, 2010

MACUSHI INDIAN MOVE


My South American Indian friend Ayita, has sent me a nice photo of himself.
Ayita is a name from the Macushi language, although many believe it means "first dancer", or "first to dance" in Cherokee, this is not true.
It actually means "Don't look at me, I'm naked".
Although he is not producing his signature "Move" in the photo, I decided to show it anyway. Ayita, is PREPARING to execute his signature Move.
He has named his signature Move 'It's Gonna Hurt'.
As you can see, he is doing routine maintenance to his sharp stick, or "spear".
Ayita attaches feathers from local birds that are nearly extinct, by doing this it keeps "vital organs" from globbing up on the pointed end of the "spear".
In a very friendly fashion, Ayita will approach a foe, act as though he is about to merrily greet the foe, and at the last possible second, he jabs the "spear" into the abdominal area, next to the spleen and near the pancreatic arteries.
This always results in a fist full of hilarity, and permanent injury, usually ending in death.
I am proud to say that GOT MOVE has gone international!!!

3 comments:

  1. sure looks like it.

    Frankly I'm not sure how I ended up here. It's that weird part of the Internet again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Macushi - but Ayita doesn't mean -"Don't look at me, I'm naked".

    ReplyDelete